TRANSACTION June 2018
Opengate Capital Divests Norpaper Group
Opengate capital has sold 100% of Norpaper group to Gemayel Freres & Chaoui Industriel Group
- Founded in 1865, NorPaper is the leading independent French producer of White Top Testliner and Brown Testliner for corrugators in France and Western Europe
- The Group was created with the combination of two paper mills following OpenGate’s acquisitions of Blendecques’ mill from Cascades in 2011 and Nantes’ mill from DS Smith in 2015
- NorPaper is a top five WTTL producer overall in Europe and is ranked third among independent producers, with a capacity of over 250kt per year manufactured with 3 paper machines
- The Group serves predominantly the French corrugators market and neighboring countries
- After a successful turnaround since acquisition, OpenGate sold the Group Gemayel Freres & Chaoui Industriel Group
Pöyry Capital acted as the exclusive financial advisor to OpenGate Capital.
Pöyry Capital was the lead advisor to the seller in the execution and negotiation of the transaction.